This course illustrates how to use competencies in appraisals, promotion interviews and for self-development. Your team learns how to apply your organization’s competency framework to the way they work.
Goal of the Course:
How well do the people in your organization know and apply your competency framework? This course was developed following consultations with our customers who told us that their competency frameworks were not always understood or used successfully. Competencies make explicit the way your organization wants its people to work. Using Competencies Successfully illustrates how to use them in appraisals, in promotion interviews and for self-development.
In an appraisal:
- Ensure that they understand the competency criteria for their job.
- Provide evidence of the behaviors required for their job.
- Address gaps in their performance where they do not meet the competency criteria. In a promotion interview:
- Ensure that they understand the competency criteria for the higher level job.
- Provide evidence of the behaviors required for the higher level job.
- Create opportunities to demonstrate that they can operate at the higher level.
- Identify gaps between how they behave now and how they need to behave to satisfy the competency indicators for their job.
- Create opportunities to demonstrate the required behaviors.
- Use the organization’s competency framework to help them with their Personal Development Plan.