Importance of Corporate Workplace Training
Workplace training is crucial to growing your bottom line. Investing in ServiceSkills courses provides your employees with the distance learning tools and courses they need to allow them flourish in their jobs, which in turn, helps your organization succeed.
Turning Toxic Work Environments Around
A toxic work environment can cost you thousands. Bullying, conflict and gossip erode workplace morale, in turn leading to higher employee turnover and lower productivity. Deadlines will be missed and customer service quality will plummet. As tensions rise, teamwork suffers. No one wants to volunteer ideas because they don’t want to open themselves up to scrutiny.
It’s up to you to confront your toxic work environment head on. How? By providing your employees with the workplace training necessary to deal with uncomfortable situations in a constructive manner. And, over time, your staff may use the tools and strategies they learned to prevent workplace conflict altogether.
ServiceSkills training modules:
- Foster teamwork within your organization
- Teach conflict resolution strategies
- Address topics of diversity, ethics, office gossip, generational differences and more
Handling Generational Conflict in the Workplace
Different generations have different working styles. Conflict can and does arise when employees of different generations cannot see eye to eye on working styles, processes and goals. Millennials have grown up less rule-bound and more immersed in technology, while more-established baby boomers value focus and individuality. These generational differences can create friction in the workforce.
As a manager, it’s important to learn how to harness the capabilities of all generations, enabling them to work together toward your organization’s goals. Your challenge is to increase understanding between generations and promote cohesiveness throughout your organization. Training can go a long way toward helping millennials and baby boomers to understand each other so they can work together in a more productive fashion.
ServiceSkills training videos:
- Increase the understanding between generations to promote cohesiveness
- Provide tools for reducing conflict and improving communication
- Help all generations buy into your company’s shared vision
- Show you how to demonstrate to your baby boomer employees that you value their expertise, while showing younger employees that you value their innovative ideas
Soft Skills Training Can Help Fix Your Business
Every organization makes sure to hire employees with the technical skills and knowledge required to perform their work, but they may not be paying sufficient attention to soft skills. Basically, hard skills are the ante to get in the game. Soft skills are the key to success — it’s hard to succeed as a business with employees who are unable to navigate interpersonal situations. Most businesses know this — it’s why 77% of businesses agree that soft skills are as important as hard skills when considering an employee’s strengths.
Soft skill development can solve — or at least alleviate — many common business problems. Have an employee with a bad attitude? Teach them how to approach their work with a growth mindset. Have employees who always finishes their projects late? Teach them actionable time management strategies.
If you provide your employees with soft skills training courses, you’ll see a return on investment in the form of client retention, employee satisfaction and increased productivity. Why? Quite simply, you’ll be arming them with strategies to combat almost every interpersonal situation.
ServiceSkills soft skills training programs teach five crucial soft skills that can improve your bottom line:
- Accountability: Teaching employees to be accountable for how their work helps or hurts the team’s progress toward goals increases their self-awareness.
- Time Management: Employees who understand and excel at time-management techniques better contribute to your bottom line.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: When employees can evaluate problems and create solutions, client concerns are quickly and effectively addressed.
- Emotional Intelligence: We provide actionable strategies to teach employees how to understand others’ emotions and how to act appropriately.
- Attitude and Self-Motivation: Teaching employees to view their work through a growth mindset helps them understand that difficult tasks offer a chance to grow.